Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs Driver R1.78
The ALC885 is a high-performance 7.1 2 Channel High Definition Audio Codec with advanced lossless content protection technology that protects pre-recorded content while still allowing full-rate audio enjoyment from DVD audio, Blu-ray DVD, or HD DVD discs.
The ALC885 provides ten DAC channels that simultaneously support 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel stereo outputs. Three stereo ADCs are integrated and can support a microphone array with Acoustic Echo Cancellation (AEC), Beam Forming (BF), and Noise Suppression (NS) technologies simultaneously.
All analog IO are input and output capable, and headphone amplifiers are also integrated at each analog output. All analog IOs can be re-tasked according to user’s definitions, or automatically switched depending on the connected device type.
Support for 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF input and output offers easy connection of PCs to high-quality consumer electronic products such as digital decoders and speakers. The series incorporates Realtek proprietary converter technology to achieve 106dB Signal-to-Noise ratio (SNR) playback quality and 101dB SNR recording quality, and is designed for Windows Vista premium desktop and laptop systems.
The ALC885 supports host/soft audio from the Intel ICH series chipset, and also from any other HDA compatible audio controller. With EAX/Direct Sound 3D/I3DL2/A3D compatibility, and excellent software utilities like Karaoke mode, environment emulation, software equalizer, HRTF 3D positional audio, and optional Dolby® Master Studio™, the ALC885 provides an excellent home entertainment package and game experience for PC users.
* High-performance DACs with 106dB dynamic range (A-Weight), ADCs with 101dB dynamic range (A-Weight)
* Meets performance requirements for Microsoft WLP 3.0 Premium desktop and mobile PCs
* Ten DAC channels support 16/20/24-bit PCM format for 7.1 sound playback, plus 2 channels of concurrent independent stereo sound output (multiple streaming) through the front panel output
* There stereo ADCs support 16/20/24-bit PCM format, one for stereo microphone, one for legacy mixer recording
* All DACs and ADCs supports 44.1k/48k/96k/192kHz sample rate
* 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF-OUT supports 44.1k/48k/96k/192kHz sample rate
* 16/20/24-bit S/PDIF-IN supports 44.1k/48k/96k/192kHz sample rate
* Supports 444.1k/48k/96k/192kHz ADAT® digital output
* Up to four channels of microphone array input are supported for AEC/BF application
* High-quality analog differential CD input
* Supports external PCBEEP input and built-in digital BEEP generator
* Software selectable 2.5V/3.75V VREFOUT
* Two jack detection pins each designed to detect up to 4 jacks
* Supports legacy analog mixer architecture
* Software selectable boost gain ( 10/ 20/ 30dB) for analog microphone input
* All analog jacks are stereo input and output re-tasking for analog plug & play
* Built-in headphone amplifiers for each re-tasking jack
* Two GPIOs (General Purpose Input and Output) for customized applications, and digital GPI Volume Control
* Supports anti-pop mode when analog power AVDD is on and digital power is off.
* Supports stereo digital microphone interface for improved voice quality
* Content Protection for Full Rate lossless Audio content playback (with selected versions of WinDVD/PowerDVD)
* MIDI interface for electronic music instrument support (Pins shared with S/PDIF-IN, S/PDIF-OUT)
* 48-pin LQFP ‘Green’ package
For Windows 2000 too.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months