Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Series Driver 2.18.0001
- Resolves issues of intermittent and random application/system crash when playing games or running applications that use EAX, DirectSound, OpenAL and/or ASIO features.
- Resolves issue of system crash when running DTM - Device Path Exerciser test in Windows Vista 64-bit.
- Resolves issue of volume mapping leading to very soft volume level in systems using Windows Vista with Service Pack 1.
- Resolves issue with distortion and noise occurring in systems with 4 GB of RAM or greater.
- Resolves issue with OpenAL playback of multichannel formats.
- Resolves issue of system crash when performing immediate system shutdown after exiting Battlefield 2.
- Optimizations to OpenAL to improve performance in Unreal Tournament 3, DiRT, and other games.
- Dolby Digital and DTS decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers.
- DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
This download supports the following audio devices only:
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy including Platinum and Platinum eX series
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 including Platinum, Platinum eX, and Value series
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS including Platinum and Platinum Pro series
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy 4
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook PCMCIA
- DO NOT install this driver for Sound Blaster Audigy LS, Sound Blaster Audigy SE, or Sound Blaster Audigy Value.
This package contains the files for installing the driver for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Series. If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package may fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions. This program is language independent and can be used with any language system.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months