- Printing might fail due to the user not having write permission for
- The driver allows illegal characters in the PJL JOB NAME.
- Colored backgrounds printed in black if all of the following conditions are met:
▫ Resolution: 1200dpi
▫ Submitting application: MS Excel 2003 or MS Excel 2007
▫ Job Distribution Settings: Shift load to driver
▫ Orientation (driver setting): Landscape
- If the Brightness and Contrast settings are changed from the defaults, the color of printed images might be printed lighter than expected. This is known to affect MS Word 2002 and 2003.
- Some documents not printed when "Advanced Options" > "Reduce font thickness as generating bitmaps" is On.
- Unneeded control characters are inserted into jobs by the "Display Preview and Print" function resulting in any of the following:
▫ Jobs not previewed before printing
▫ Application error
▫ Nothing printed
- Data including images might produce excessively large spool files, resulting in slow printing.
- A large number of jobs being submitted to the queue in a short period of time will result in a application error and nothing being printed.
- The interpreter is unable to ignore the illegal character code 0xFFFF resulting in any job that contains this code not being printed.
- Some printer options are not inherited if a driver is installed via point and print under all of the following conditions:
▫ The client side user has admin privileges on the server.
▫ The client and server OS are not the same.
▫ Bidirectional communication is disabled on the sever side.
- The Printing Preferences of drivers installed to a point and print client from a Windows 2008 print server by a user with a roaming profile, will revert to defaults after the roaming user logs into another PC.
- Some print settings might not be applied to some sheets of an Excel Workbook or to jobs that are printed as EMF formatted data.
- Driver files are unnecessarily downloaded from the point and print server every time a job is submitted by a Vista SP1 point and print client. This results in slow printing and possibly causes the spool service to stop.
- Shifted text in jobs submitted by Adobe Acrobat 8.0. This did not affect jobs using "Print as image" or "Change methods to extract TrueType fonts".
- Various bugs affecting the use of the driver in a Terminal Services environment
- White characters in a black background might print as black characters with no background.
- After a driver is upgraded, some of the driver's Printing Preferences will be different than they were before the upgrade. This only occurred if the Printing Preferences were accessed from within an application.
-The characters in the window of Enter User Code are garbled. (This problem is known to affect Traditional Chinese, Chinese and Korean drivers.)
- Added CAT (Catalog) files which were released from Microsoft (WHQL).
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.