HP UEFI System Diagnostics Utility 18.104.22.168
EFI and custom imaging
If you use your own custom image and you want to maintain EFI partition functionality, you must create a FAT32 partition named HP_TOOLS. Failure to do so results in loss of features.
Volume name should be: The volume name is “HP_TOOLS”.
- The EFI partition is not protected and can therefore be deleted.
- Backing up the computer using the Windows Vista Complete PC Backup does not back up the EFI partition.
For these reasons, HP recommends that you do not place additional data on the EFI partition. Because the partition is not backed up, corruption or failure of the partition will result in loss of all data on the partition, plus loss of EFI functionality.
If the EFI application installation does not find a partition named HP_TOOLS, the installation fails and an error message is displayed.
You can find more information on www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the executable file to the local hard drive.
2. Run the executable file and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months