HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite 4.00J6 Rev.F
The HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite provides an interface to which other security providers can plug in, in order to manage security features offered by HP. The Suite includes Security Manager, Credential Manager, Drive Encryption, and Java Card Security for HP ProtectTools.
: This SoftPaq provides an update to HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite 4.00 to provide issue fixes. It is not meant to be used to upgrade HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite 3.00.
- Fixes an issue where a five percent spike in network utilitzation was seen every 30 seconds from a client with HP ProtectTools. This new version reduces that to less than 0.25 percent utilization.
- Corrects an incompatibility issue with HP Firefox Virtual Browser, where after establishing a Microsoft Windows login using HP Credential Manager, activating HP Virtual Firefox stopped the auto-login to Credential Manager.
- Fixes an issue where intermittent errors about PTChangeFilterService were inadvertently generated after rebooting the system or resuming from Standby (S3) mode. With this new version, the errors are no longer generated.
- Fixes an issue where an Event ID#5000 .NET runtime 2.0 error was displayed when resuming from Standby or Hibernate modes.
- Fixes an issue where unknown files named "Dcompxxxxxx.log" are created in the C: directory after launching HTML help.
- Corrects some translation errors (primarily with the user interfaces for the Korean and Simplified Chinese languages).
- Corrects a screen navigation issue where pressing the Enter key on the Data Protection screen inadvertently enabled users to move forward in the process, even though the Next button was dim and not usable. Now a USB drive must be inserted before users can proceed to the next step.
- HP Compaq dc5800 and dc5850 Desktop PC models require either the presence of an HP ProtectTools 4.00 CD, or a previous version of HP ProtectTools Security Manager Suite 4.00 must already be installed on the target system.
- A minimum of Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later is required. However, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 or later is better, and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later is best.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months