This download contains the Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer application for Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows XP. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organizer enables you to manage your entire digital music collection on both your computer and your Creative portable music player effortlessly.
Added Features or Enhancements:
* Added support for reading/writing MP4 and M4A file tags
* Added support for playing MPEG1 Layer 2 files
* Modified the "Fast Forward" and "Rewind" buttons on the Remote Control to jump 10 seconds on each press.
* Modified the application to always use the recording device set in Windows Volume Control Panel when recording. (for Windows XP only)
Resolves the following issues:
* Corrupted display text in the selection box of Audio Cleanup if the name is too long (for Windows Vista only).
* Recording source shown in application is not updated after changing it in the Audio Cleanup window (for Windows Vista only).
* Auto Recording Volume Limiter (ARVL) not working properly (for Windows Vista only).
* Application crash on some systems when handling files with empty ID3 tag attributes.
* Application crash when launched in Player mode and immediately switching to Organizer mode.
* Application crash when playing a MIDI file with the .midi extension.
* Application crash when trying to play a media file located on an MP3 device.
* Application crash after deleting a playlist which appears in both the PC Music Library's left and right panel.
* Application hang when right-clicking on an MPEG or DAT file to display the file properties.
* Application hang when clicking the "Next" button or playing a FLAC file and jumping to any part of the track.
* Music Analyzer hang after completing its task.
* Video window not appearing when playing an MPEG file immediately after a MIDI file.
* Video window not appearing when playing media from a playlist containing alternate audio and video files.
* Error message prompt when playing a list of WAV files with different formats while Beatmatching is enabled.
* Error playing Audio CD when Time Scaling is enabled with scaling factor set to more than one.
* Playback stuck at the end of an MPEG, AVI or DAT file for a long time when Time Scaling is enabled.
* Playback stuck after jumping to the end of an MP3 file while Time Scaling/Audio Cleanup feature is turned on.
* File cannot be deleted after playing it.
* Not able to jump to another part of the track before starting playback.
* Track duration not accurately displayed for certain MP3 files with variable bitrates.
* Corrupted display text after changing the OS language.
* "Rec" button on the Remote Control not working.
* Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004/2005
* Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or later (download the latest DirectX installation file here)
* Creative Sound Blaster audio product
* To install the file
1. Download the CMS5_PCAPP_LB_5_20_23.exe file onto your local hard disk.
2. Close all other Windows applications.
3. Double-click the downloaded file.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.