Pulse-pounding gaming and high powered multimedia experiences require the ultimate in performance from your processor and motherboard. Intel Desktop Board DX38BT is designed to unleash the power of Intel Core2 Extreme processors. With support for 1333 MHz front side bus, fast DDR3 memory and overclocking, Intel Desktop Board DX38BT delivers the gaming performance you deserve.
Intel Desktop Board DX38BT supports Dolby Home Theatre and Microsoft Windows Vista* Premium WHQL certified.
Form factor ATX (12.00 inches by 9.60 inches [304.80 millimeters by 243.84 millimeters])
* Support for both 45nm & 65nm Intel Core2 Quad processors in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
* Support for both 45nm & 65nm Intel Core2 Extreme processors in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
* Support for both 45nm & 65nm Intel Core2 Duo processors in an LGA775 socket with a 1333 or 1066 MHz system bus
* Support for an Intel Pentium dual-core processor in an LGA775 socket with an 800 MHz system bus
* View all supported processors
* Four 240-pin DDR3 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
* Support for DDR3 1333 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, or DDR3 800 MHz DIMMs
* Support for up to 8 GB of system memory
* Support for ECC and non-ECC memory
* Intel X38 Express Chipset
Audio Intel High Definition Audio subsystem in the following configuration:
* 8-channel (7.1) Dolby Home Theater Audio subsystem with five analog audio outputs and two S/PDIF digital audio outputs (coaxial and optical) using the Sigmatel* 9274D audio codec
ATI* CrossFire multi-GPU platform support
* ATI CrossFire technology enables two ATI graphics cards to work together for ultimate 3D gaming performance and visual quality
* Full support of next generation ATI Crossfire
I/O control I/O controller for Consumer IR
LAN support Gigabit (10/100/1000 Mbits/sec) LAN subsystem using the Intel 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller
* Twelve USB 2.0 ports (8 external ports, 2 internal headers)
* Six Serial ATA 3.0 Gb/s ports, including 2 eSATA port with RAID support supplied by a Marvell* controller
* Two IEEE-1394a ports (1 external port, 1 internal header)
* Consumer IR receiver and emitter (via internal headers)
* One Parallel ATA IDE interface with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100 support (2 devices supported)
* Two PCI Conventional bus add-in card connectors (SMBus routed to both PCI Conventional bus add-in card connectors)
* One primary PCI Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x16) bus add-in card connector
* One secondary PCI Express 2.0 x16 (electrical x16) bus add-in card connector
* One PCI Express* 1.0a x16 (electrical x4) bus add-in card connector
Microsoft Windows Vista Premium ready
With a PC built with Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core 2 Quad processors, and the Intel Desktop Board, you can experience a more responsive and manageable environment of Microsoft Windows Vista including a new visual sophistication of the Microsoft Windows Aero interface.
The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility installs the Windows INF files. The INF files inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality, such as USB and core PCI.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.