- Resolved issue of certain devices that exhibited error pop up messages when accessing various areas within the dashboard. This error was observed on new devices running firmware version 02.11.09.053 that had not undergone a previous firmware update
- Removed “View My Files” link from the dashboard due to the requirement to install Java, causing various web browsers to intermittently display messages to install Java
- Resolved issue of not being able to establish a remote access connection when using Linksys/Cisco E4200 model router
- Support streaming of MKV files to Samsung HDTVs
- Supports Windows 8 File History backups
This update does not alter the current Media Server configuration (Twonky Media Server). After applying this firmware update, you will have the option to switch to the WD Media Server. The benefit of updating to the newer WD Media Server is to gain full Windows 8 certification and to take advantage of the WD app for Windows 8.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.