- Onyx, Solid2, Agility, Agility-EX, Agility-Turbo, Vertex, Vertex-EX, Vertex-Turbo
Updater Setup and Procedures:
The System used to do the SSD Updater need to be configured for IDE mode. Setting SATA to AHCI mode will not work in DOS mode and may prevent SSD from being detected.
1. Reboot System and enter BIOS Setup.
2. In BIOS Setup, configure SATA to use IDE (mode). (This is to allow SSD to be able to be detected in DOS mode)
3. Configure Boot Priority with CD/DVD Drive being 1st device on the list.
4. Save the BIOS Setup and Exit.
5. Once SSD is updated, User could go back into BIOS Setup and revert configuration back to original settings.
1. Download the OCZ Updater ISO file for the OCZ SSD drive.
2. Burn OCZ Updater ISO file to CD disk.
3. Insert CD disk into CD/DVD ROM drive.
4. Connect OCZ SSD to System (if Updating SSD not in current running System).
5. Boot/reboot System using OCZ Updater CD disk.
6. System should boot to DOS mode.
7. Select the Option number corresponding to SSD Drive (SSD Drive needing the Update).
8. When requested to search for SSD Drive, Enter "Y". Found drive should be displayed, Enter the Option number corresponding to the drive.
9. Updater should program the drive successfully and dispay completion message.
10. Hit any key to return to main menu. Menu should display SSD Drive with new Firmware Version.
11. Repeat steps 7-10 if doing multiple SSD Drive.
12. After all SSD Drive have been Updated, Enter "0" to Exit program to go into DOS Prompt. Remove CD from CD/DVD ROM Drive and reboot System.
- Enhancement: Change of the behavior of meta data save. With 1.6 FW, there could be such cases that will save the whole meta data even when it is not necessary, for example, during idle time. It depends on usage. Now, the policy of saving meta data is fine-tuned
- Bug fix: Sanitary erase may corrupt write log history. It was fixed.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.