This is the official launch driver for GeForce GTX 680 – the fastest, most efficient GPU ever built.
GeForce R300 drivers introduce several new industry-leading gaming features and will be released using versions 300.xx to 301.xx.
New Feature Summary:
- NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology – dynamically maximizes clock speeds based on workload of the game to push performance to new levels and bring out the best in every game.
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. Note: This feature is disabled for games already have built-in support for FXAA.
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience.
- NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology – with a single GeForce GTX 680 you can expand your PC games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate “inside the game” experience. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-3D Vision monitors.
New Surround features:
- Add in a fourth accessory display to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
- Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily ‘peak’ behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
- Enables users to add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
- Enables full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
- NVIDIA NVENC Support – adds support for the new hardware-based H.264 video encoder in GeForce GTX 680, providing up to 4x faster encoding performance while consuming less power.
- Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
- Installs HD Audio v220.127.116.11.
- Supports OpenGL 4.2
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 680.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.