Updating your graphics BIOS
Before updating the BIOS of your Matrox graphics hardware, we recommend you backup your graphics BIOS.
To update your graphics BIOS:
- Run "PBIOSWin", then click "Update your Matrox BIOS".
- Select the BIN file appropriate for the BIOS of your Matrox graphics hardware, then click "Open".
- Copy the files included with this software to a directory on your hard disk. For example, you can copy files to the root directory on your "C:" drive.
- At a command prompt, change to the directory where you copied the files. For example, type "cd c:\" if you copied the files to the root folder of your "C:" drive.
- Type: pbioswin /i xxx-xx.bin
In the previous command, replace "xxx-xx.bin" with the file name of a BIN file included with this software (for example, "971-20.bin") or a BIN file you previously created with "PBIOSWin".
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.