This graphics driver adds support for 3rd Generation Intel Core processors with Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500 that launched on Apr 23rd, 2012, and adds driver fixes and support for new game titles on 2nd Generation Intel Core processors with Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000.
Intel HD Graphics on 3rd generation Intel Core processors is twice as fast as Intel HD Graphics on 2nd generation Intel Core processors and delivers stunning 3D visuals for mainstream gaming at higher visual fidelity and provides support for Intel Quick Sync Video 2.0 with transcode performance twice as fast as that on 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors.
Intel HD Graphics on 3rd Generation and 2nd Generation Intel Core processors offers the best gaming experience with majority of mainstream titles released in 2011 and 2012 playable out of the box. Several new applications and devices released take advantage of Built-in Visuals like Intel Clear Video HD Technology (Intel CVT HD), Intel Quick Sync Video, Intel Wireless Display, and InTru 3D.
Issues Fixed On 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors:
- Windows Media Center shows corruption at the beginning when playing certain .m2t files
- Minor quality issues when encoding certain MPEG2 files
- Windows Media Player application: Corruption maybe seen in video playback after changing the display resolution.
- Jittering may be seen while playing a Blu-ray movie with certain media applications.
- Flickering may be experienced in some scenes of Duke Nukem Forever.
- Flickering may be experienced in certain configurations of Call of Duty: Black Ops and lead to a system hang.
- The Darkness II shows outlines in the Mansion scene in campaign mode on walls and floor.
- Battlefield 3 may crash in 32-bit Windows 7 occasionally. No issue on Windows 7 64-bit.
- Lord of the Rings Online exhibits minor corruption in the shadow region of "Mirkstone
Tunnels" and incorrect rendering of character's head.
- Marvel Super Squad Online shows visible artifacts in "beautiful" setting if the pre-allocated
memory is not set to 512MB in the System BIOS Setup Menu.
- Lost Planet 2 crashes when the game loads in DirectX 11 mode. Game works fine in DirectX 9 mode.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer application: Text corruption seen under the Tools menu, Internet Options, Advanced tab.
- Windows overlap when trying to change from Clone to Extended Desktop in three display configuration on Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.