NEW FEATURES ADDED IN PREVIOUSLY RELEASED DRIVER VERSION 2696:
SUPPORT ADDED FOR INTEL 3RD GENERATION PROCESSORS WITH INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 / 2500
WHAT’S NEW ON Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500
- OpenCL 1.1 support on Intel HD Graphics
- Microsoft DirectX 11
- Faster 3D performance: Twice as fast as Intel HD Graphics on 2nd generation Intel Core processors
- Faster Intel Quick Sync Video performance: Transcode performance twice as fast as that on 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors
- Smoother playback over Intel Wireless Display
- Watch movies and TV shows on multiple Intel Insider registered devices or with new UltraViolet support added
- Intel Identity Protection with protected transaction display support
- Up to 3 simultaneous independent displays support
NEW FEATURES IN THIS DRIVER VERSION 2761
SUPPORT ADDED FOR OPENGL VERSION 3.3 ON INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 / 2500
RECENT GAME RELEASES ENABLED IN DRIVER VERSION 2761
ISSUES FIXED IN DRIVER VERSION 2761
• Portal 2: Performance regression issues are fixed for smoother game play.
• Crysis 2: Game in DirectX 10 mode, no longer crashes after changing the game’s video mode resolution.
• StarCraft II: No memory leak observed during game play in single player map Shakuras plateau.
• Portal 2: Game no longer locks up.
• Darkness II: No outlines observed in the Mansion scene in campaign mode on walls and floor.
• Red Alert 2: Animation available in Yuri's Revenge menu and game can be played.
• Anisotropic filtering quality for DirectX 9 is improved. No radial lines observed in DirectX 9 Tunnel Test observed.
• Lost Planet 2: Game does not crash anymore in DirectX 11 mode. Game works fine in DirectX 9 mode.
• Sound can now be heard from the external monitor after selecting the monitor as the playback device in the Windows Sound control panel.
• Resolved issue where sound may not be heard after waking the computer from Sleep state.
• Resolved issue where flickering and noise may be seen in video transcoded to MP4 format.
• When using three displays with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved an issue where sometimes the external monitor may not be detected after pressing the Ctrl+Alt+F11 keys several times to turn panel scaling on/off.
• When using three displays with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved issue where flickering and noise may be seen after closing and re-opening the laptop’s lid.
• When using three displays with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved issue where the refresh rates listed in Windows and in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel may not match.
• Resolved an issue in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel where the rotation setting’s picture did not change after selecting a different rotation setting.
• Resolved issue where the DisplayPort display cannot be used in Extended Desktop or Clone configuration after a fresh installation of Windows.
• Resolved issue where after connection to the computer, an analog monitor could not be used in Extended Desktop or Clone configuration.
• When using three displays with the Intel HD Graphics 4000/2500, resolved a flickering issue and STOP error with code 0x116 that may be seen after waking the computer from Sleep state.
• Resolved an issue where the laptop’s display may be pale after connecting the power cable and waking the laptop from Sleep state.
APPLICATIONS TO BE UPDATED
It is recommended to upgrade the below list of applications to avoid any unexpected issues.
• 3DMark11: Upgrade to 1.0.3 or later
• Batman Arkham City: Upgrade to the latest patch
• Mafia 2: Upgrade to the latest patch
• Company of Heroes: Upgrade to 2.101 and update Opposing Fronts to 2.500 or Tales of Valor to 2.601
• HomeFront: Upgrade to 1.0.5 or later
• Unigine Heaven: Upgrade to 2.5 or later
• Battlefield 3: Upgrade to latest patch
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.