AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver 13.9 for Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1 64-bit
- When installing the AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of the AMD Catalyst Driver.
- The AMD Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite requires Windows 7 Service Pack 1 to be installed.
- These release notes provide information on the AMD Catalyst Display Driver only. For information on the AMD Multimedia Center, HydraVision, HydraVision Basic Edition, Remote Wonder, or the Southbridge/IXP driver, please refer to their respective release notes found at: http://support.amd.com/.
- The AMD Catalyst 13.9 Software Suite requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 to be installed. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is included in all Catalyst packages.
- AMD Eyefinity technology is designed to give gamers access to high display resolutions. As pixel count grows, the graphics “horsepower” required to drive the displays at a reasonable frame rate can increase dramatically. Depending on the game and system configuration, users may notice texture corruption and reduced frame rates when running games in multi-monitor Eyefinity modes.
- Windows Driver Model (WDM) drivers are no longer bundled in the AMD Catalyst software suite. The WDM drivers install bundle can be downloaded independently through the AMD website.
FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS OF AMD CATALYST 13.9
- The AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL is AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1. It does not include support for Frame Pacing or the very latest AMD CrossFire optimizations. AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta includes additional performance improvements and fixes not found in AMD Catalyst 13.9 WHQL.
AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1
- Includes WDDM 1.3 support for:
AMD Accelerated Processors (“Kabini” & “Temash”) for Desktop, Notebook or Tablet PCs, including: A4-1200, A4-1250, A4-5000, A4-5100, A4-5150, A6-1450, A6-5200, A6-5250, A6-5350, E1-2100, E1-2200. E1-2500, E1-2600, E1-2650, E2-3000, E2-3100
AMD Accelerated Processors (“Richland”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-5700, A10-5745M, A10-5750M, A10-5757M, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-5500, A8-5500B, A8-5545M, A8-5550M, A8-5557M, A8-5600K, A6-5345M, A6-5350M, A6-5357M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-5145M, A4-5150, A4-5300, A4-5300B
AMD Accelerated Processors (“Trinity”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-4600M, A10-4655M, A10-4677M, A10-5700, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-4500M, A8-4555M, A8-4557M, A6-4400M, A6-4455M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-4300M, A4-4355M, A4-5300, A4-5300B
AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Support for AMD Features:
AMD Dual Graphics/AMD CrossFire Technology
AMD Catalyst Control Center/Vision Engine Control Center
OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles
- Users can now create, per application, 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
AMD Enduro Technology enhancements:
- The AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows which applications are active on the Performance GPU and the Power saving GPU.
- Severe flicker in Far Cry 3 game cinematic that may continue into gameplay.
- BSOD crash when enabling CrossFire in the AMD Catalyst Control Center after installing a third AMD Radeon HD7790 graphics card.
- BSOD crash in Windows 8 when display turns off (idle/sleep mode).
- AMD Catalyst Control Center crash after creating an Eyefinity Group.
- Disappearing mouse cursor in Windows 8 after completing the AMD Catalyst Driver installation and rebooting the system.
- Cyberlink PowerDVD stop working with a pop-up error message during playback of a Blu-Ray movie under Power Saving mode.
- When Dual Graphics is disabled within AMD Catalyst Control Center, the secondary display connected may not enable.
- Frame drops experienced during playback of interlaced Blu-Ray content when all visual quality settings are enabled in AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Significant game performance slowdowns when moving the mouse cursor in World of Warcraft using DirectX 9 rendering mode.
- Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings saved within created AMD Catalyst Control Center application profiles do not apply correctly.
- Windows 8 Metro applications experience very low FPS when Dual Graphics is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months