Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta: AMD Catalyst Mobility support for AMD Enduro Technology
AMD Catalyst Mobility now includes support for AMD Enduro Technology.
AMD Enduro Technology for Notebooks delivers:
- Long lasting battery life
- GPU accelerated performance for gaming, video, and compute apps
- A Seamless and automatic experience
New features found in Catalyst 12.9 Beta:
Re-designed Catalyst Control Center user interface
- View all profiled applications
- View recently run applications
- Profile applications based on power source
Expert mode control and customization
- Performance centric AC
- Battery centric DC
Performance highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta (versus AMD Catalyst 12.8)
- Up to 10% in Lost Planet 2 in single GPU configurations
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta software suite.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
- Krater crashes when run on HD 7000 series products
- Dirt Showdown 8-Ball hangs when CrossFire is enabled
- The Amazing Spider Man stuttering experienced at certain game locations
- Deus Ex Human Revolution: Intro scenes stutter
- F1 2011: Vehicle textures flicker when game is run at low settings
- Dirt Showdown: Flickering seen when benchmark is run in DirectX 11 mode
- Battlefield – Bad Company 2: Flickering textures seen in CrossFire mode
- Alan Wake: freezes when run in DirectX 9 mode with a 3x1 Eyefinity layout.
- Portal 2: freezes when run in DirectX 9 mode with a 3x1 Eyefinity layout
- Catalyst Control Center Overscan settings are now correctly retained across reboots
- Tri and Quad CrossFire+ Eyefinity configurations – Certain DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications lower than expected performance
- FireFox – corruption observed in CrossFire configurations
- Enabling Overdrive settings increased clocks in all power states
- Availability of AMD Video Converter support in AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta Windows 7 and Windows Vista packages
Resolved Issues for the Windows Vista Operating System
- Corruption seen during Blu Ray playback using Cyberlink PowerDVD 12
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
- Riddick – Assault on Dark Athena : Tearing observed when run at High game settings in a CrossFire configuration
- The audio driver incorrectly installed
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced with the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta software suite.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
- Max Payne 3: Lights may flicker when run in Direct X 11 mode in a triple Crossfire configuration
- Metro 2033: Menus may flicker when run in DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 mode
- Guild Wars 2: Texture flicker/corruption may be seen when changing graphics settings
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.