Feature highlights of the AMD Catalyst driver for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
- Full WDDM 1.2
- Native Stereo 3D support: Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming, and video applications
- Unified Video API – Video playback is now integrated within the DirectX 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality Video and 3D content, and the potential for enhanced video transcoding performance
- Optimized screen rotation
- improved sleep / resume performance
- Optimized Power Consumption
- AMD Eyefinity
- Dual Graphics / AMD CrossFire Technology
- AMD Overdrive
- Catalyst Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center
Please note: A future AMD Catalyst Windows 8 driver release will add support for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series in the coming weeks.
Applicable Products for Driver Version 8.93.7 RC10:
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7000M Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
- AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
- AMD A-Series APU
- AMD C-Series APU
- AMD E-Series APU
- AMD FirePro Series
- AMD FIrePro 3D Series
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.