The PlayStation3 system software version 3.73 (with 3.70 and 3.72) update includes the following:
- (TV/Video Services) has been added as a category to the XMB (XrossMediaBar) menu. Video streaming services now appear under (TV/Video Services). Some services require that you download and install an application.
- The icons displayed may vary depending on the country or region of use and the availability of services.
- The icons for some streaming services previously located under the (Video) category now appear under the (TV/Video Services) category.
- The (TV/Video Services) category is not displayed in the XMB menu when no services are used.
- Your PS3 system must be connected to the Internet for information about services to be updated.
Auto-upload Saved Data
- You can now store new and recently updated saved data for PlayStation3 format software in online storage automatically on a regular basis.
- This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStationPlus members
Other new or revised features in version 3.73 (with 3.70 and 3.72)
- New for 3.73: Playback quality during use of some PlayStation3 format software has been improved.
- New for 3.72: Playback quality during use of some PlayStation3 format software has been improved.
- MPO (Multi-Picture format) files for 3D photos and multi-angle photos can now be displayed under (Photo) and in (Photo Gallery).
- A feature has been added for sharing information about products in PlayStationStore with your Friends. Select [Recommend] on the product page to send a message introducing the item to your Friends.
- 3D playback of Blu-ray Java ("BD-J") content is now supported. You can now enjoy
- BD-J content recorded on Blu-ray 3D discs.
- DTS-HD audio output is now supported while playing Blu-ray 3D content.
- Trophy information can now be synchronized with the server automatically on a regular basis. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStationPlus members.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
- System Update
Update using the PS3 system's [System Update] feature.
- Update using a PC
Download update data using a PC and save on storage media or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3 system's hard disk drive and perform the update.
- Update using disc media
Use the update data included on a game disc to perform the update.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.