Sony PSP System Software 5.51
Information Board [Information Board] has been added as a feature under (PlayStationNetwork). The information board displays news about games and the latest information about PlayStationStore.
Overall The number of folder levels that you can view under (Photo), (Music) and (Video) has been increased. Game If you select [Internet Search] from the options menu for a game, you can now perform an Internet search based on the name of that game. Network [Trend Micro for PSP] has been added as an option in the Internet browser. *
* Fees may apply to use of Web filtering services. For more information about Trend Micro for PSP visit our Parental Controls website. PlayStation Network You can now access PlayStationStore even if you do not have a PlayStationNetwork account. >An option to sign in automatically is now available for PlayStationStore. Select [Sign In Automatically (Auto Sign-In)] on the PlayStationStore sign-in screen.[Download All] has been added as an option for use when multiple items are purchased from PlayStationStore.Less free space is now required on Memory Stick Duo media when downloading games from PlayStationStore. > Other New for 5.51: System software stability during use of some features has been improved. You can update your system software by any of the following methods: Update using a PC »
Download the update data to a PC, and then save on Memory Stick Duo media. Start the saved update data on your PSP system to perform the update. Select the link above for update instructions.Network Update »
Use the PSP system's Network Update feature to perform the update. Select the link above for update instructions. Refer also to the instructions for the PSP system.Update using a UMD »
Use the update data included on a UMD to perform the update. Select the link above for update instructions.
*As of June 11, 2009, this method is only available for updates up to version 5.50. For customers using PSP system software version 1.52 or earlier
When updating PSP system software version 1.52 or earlier, you may not be able to perform a network update using the wireless networking feature of the PSP system.In this case, use one of the following methods to update the system software. Update using a PCUpdate using a UMD
Use a UMD containing update data version 2.00 (or later) update the system, and then perform a Network Update to obtain the latest version of the system software.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months