Thecus N4100 Firmware 1.3.06
2. System Configuration Download/Upload does not support different software version.
Reminder : After upgrade to latest firmware, download configuration and save separately.
1. Beep notification will be enabled by default after F/W upgraded to v1.3.06.
Note: In case you find the NAS keeps beeping after firmware upgrade, please check the disk / RAID status if there has been a disk or RAID problem.
1. Remove the duplicated UI message after change the anonymous permission and encoding at the same time.
2. Fixed the problem with special characters in group name.
! " # $ % & ' ()
3. Fixed the problem that NAS admin could not change the language interface from default English to Korean or Spanish.
1. N4100 doesn’t support hard disk drives with SSC (Spread Spectrum Clocking) enabled.
2. Power button does not trigger the software shutdown before turning off the power.
3. Windows 95/98 clients can not display files with double-byte file name correctly.
4. Because of Windows 95/98 compatibility issues, share folder name may have a problem when it is longer than 12 characters.
5. WebDisk : Only UTF-8 file name is supported.
6. If AC power lost during RAID building, admin has to manually resume it through Web GUI.
- You will see "Total Capacity: N/A" after building process completed.
- Manually remove RAID.
- Create RAID again.
7. RAID rebuild : in case one HDD failed in RAID 1 or RAID 5 configuration, please hot unplug failed one and hot plug in new one; then RAID rebuilding will automatically start. If the replacement is done after NAS rebooting or shutdown, administrator has to manually add spare in Admin Web GUI to start the RAID rebuilding.
8. Supports Ralink RT2561 wireless mini PCI card. The following three will work well on N4100.
- MSI MS-6833B
- CNet CWM-854
- Gemtek WMIR-174G
- Gigabyte GN-Wl01GS
9. File size has to be less than 1GB to be uploaded to the N4100 from web browsers. FTP software has no such limitation.
10. File names and folder names should not contain more than 250 characters in their entire directory path to prevent errors occur in the file copy operations.
11. The following characters are not allowed to be included in the name used for files or folders on the N4100.
/ : * ? ” < > | [ ] = ; ,
12. When copying a file that uses superscript in its file name (common with some international character sets), the date and time attributes may not be properly set on the N4100 for that particular file.
13. File and directory attributes can not be modified by an FTP client when the N4100 FTP server is enabled.
14. The file downloaded from N4100 via Microsoft IE might include extension index number in its file name.
15. UPnP function only works on LAN1 interface.
16. When adding an HDD into JBOD RAID, all services such as WebDisk, SMB/CIFS, and FTP will be temporarily disabled. Once the JBOD resizing completes, all services will be turned on according to original settings.
17. The create date is the same with modify date for every file copied into the NAS.
18. N4100 supports Setup Wizard since firmware v1.2.00, and you need Setup Wizard v1.1.4 or later.
19. To enable ADS support for Small Business Server 2003, we recommend do not install ISA server. Otherwise, N4100 may fail to join the AD.
20. Writing a file larger than 2 GB is not allowed by MAC OS-9.
21. The following characters are not allowed to be included in the name used for a file or shared folder when using Mac OS (AppleTalk) devices..
? [ ] / = < > ; : ” , | *
22. Mac OS Limitations.
- When using Mac OS X (post 10.2 with AppleTalk) without SMB, do not use Japanese characters in folder or file names to prevent errors accessing the data over a network.
- Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X can not see files on the network with names made up of over 32 characters.
- Mac OS 8.x/9.x only support local character encoding on file names (without Unicode support).
- Occasionally, when a file is accessed by a Mac OS computer within a shared folder, an information file will be created in the same folder. If the file is then deleted by a Windows OS computer, the original file may no longer be accessible by Mac OS computers.
23. For Mac users, NAS user accounts created in old firmware may fail to log in before admin re-entering the user's password. SMB/CIFS users don't have this issue.
24. Single file size upper limitation: 2TB
25. NAS needs about 3~5 minutes to broadcast/register itself to other Mac OS through AppleTalk after booting up and service enabled.
26. Please do not use Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese character sets in share folder’s name. It might cause share folders permission error, and no body could access any folders. However, using above two character sets in the sub-folders is okay.
27. File system check page is in English, no multilingual.
28. FTP port should follow the rules given below.
- Larger than 1024
- Could not use 3169
- Port 21 is allowed
29. NAS performance has been improved in firmware v1.3.04 or later. However, it won’t take effect just by firmware upgrade; you have to re-create the RAID too. In case you need it, backup all data, remove the RAID, create a new one, and then put all data back.
1. In case the RAID1/RAID5 was created in firmware v1.2.03 or earlier, the RAID rebuilding process will fail in firmware v1.3.01. Please upgrade to v1.3.04 or later to fix the problem.
2. When N4100 was configured to use the ADS authentication method, it will not be reset after "reset to factory default" from WEB UI. This will cause all the share folders inaccessible. To fix the problem, press “Apply” button on [Account / Authentication] page.
3. There will be KDC error event in the event log of Windows Server 2003 once the N4100 joined to AD domain.
4. In case use non-existing user account to test the Nsync task, UI will display “VPN connection timeout”.
5. Share folder : Upgrading firmware from v1.0.12 to v1.0.15 and later may encounter share folders not displayed issue on admin Web UI; however, the folders are still browseable and accessible by users in WebDisk and My Network Place. A hotfix is available to fix this problem.
6. Web GUI : Can not login Web UI when the NetBIOS name is with an underscore.
7. Failed to edit or delete a folder that its folder name contains a superscript “’”.
8. MAC OS 9 Apple network browser sometimes freezes for 5~10 minutes after selecting N4100; however, using afp://IP always works fine on both MAC OS-9/X.
1. During firmware upgrade process, it is imperative that user DO NOT turn off the power to N4100 or closes the browser window. This will lead to catastrophic result. If your browser is set to cache the screen, after firmware upgrade has started for 5 minutes, please press CTRL-F5 to reload browser screen from server instead of from browser cache.
2. When installing the Windows Wizard program of N4100 on WinXP Professional SP1 or SP2, the firewall UDP ports 10000 and 10001 need to be opened.
3. Reset to factory default function automatically resets all the system settings including network settings, administrator password, user groups, language setting, system notification setting, and time zone setting.
4. Hardware reset button triggers the N4100 to reset its network settings and administrator password.
5. Users should obey the international RF regulatory rules as they set up the wireless RF channel on the N4100. The RF operating channels for different regions have been specified as following. Thecus has no responsibility for users attempting to violate the international RF regulation.
11 for N. America
13 Europe (ETSI)
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months