** THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR MX-760HD models **
* New Network Security Infrastructure Enabled
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please read page 42 of the MX-760HD User Manual for firmware installation instructions.
1. Download the file by clicking the Download button below
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory).
3. Unzip the file.
4. Transfer the file to your MX-760HD via USB or transfer the file to a USB memory stick and use the USB host port on your MX-760HD
5. Disconnect the USB cable from your Mvix and Connect the Mvix player to your TV.
6. Turn on your Mvix and press SETUP on your remote or unit
7. Navigate to the MISC option in the SETUP menu of your Mvix.
8. Select the Firmware Upgrade option
9. Navigate to the internal HDD in your Mvix or USB memory stick containing the firmware update file. PLEASE NOTE: Do not upgrade the firmware via your network shared folders, as a loss in connection to the network could cause a break in the firmware upgrade process.
10. Once you have located the file, highlight the file and press ENTER on your remote to begin the upgrade process
** CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE MVIX DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **
Firmware upgrades can cause the wireless function to stop functioning on some routers. The solution to this is to manually enter the correct addresses in the setup screen. You will need to note the IP address assigned to your MX-760HD, your router's IP address and your subnet mask. Please refer to your router's user manual for more details on these addresses.
To access the network setup screen, follow these steps:
1) Turn on your MX-760HD
2) Press "Setup" on your remote
3) Scroll down to "Network"
4) Scroll over to "Address Setup" and select "Manual"
5) Enter in the addresses below
IP Address: IP address is the address assigned to your MX-760HD by the router. Open your router setup, Open DHCP Client List, and look for an IP address with no name next to it.
Netmask: Your subnet mask can be found in the router setup. It is usually 255.255.255.0.
Gateway: To access your router, you will need to know the IP address for the router (usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1). This is the address you will enter as the gateway address.
6) Select "Wireless Apply"
7) Repeat this several times until it reads "Success"
Please refer to your routers manual for help finding these addresses and setting up the IP address for your MX-760HD. If you need further help with network setup, please refer to this article:
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.