LG GSA-H10L DVD-RW Firmware LL12
: Not following the subsequent update instructions explicitly will result in permanent damage to your drive, for which LG will not be responsible.
This firmware update is for drives with original firmware versions below LL11.
The drives must be original LG branded drives with the DVD Writer model number GSA-H10L(no OEM units).
1. Connect the drive as "master" by itself, on the secondary IDE controller with no other device on the same IDE cable, making note to set the jumper on the back of the drive to the "master" position.
2. Download the file GSA-H10L_LL12(EW).ZIP to a folder of your choice. This download includes the GSAH10L_LL12.EXE program, which will auto-update your drive's firmware.
3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, antivirus and/or power-down programs. (If these programs are not closed, they will try to engage the PC, during the update process, thus interrupting the update and damaging the drive).
4. Check the drive to ensure that there is no disk in the tray before you start the update procedure.
5. Go into the folder with the update file and double click the GSAH10L_LL12.EXE program and click the "update" button (red). Once the update is complete, you will see "Firmware Update Complete" and the button will become green and advise you to reboot the system.
You will need to reboot your PC.
The update will be complete, after you reboot your system.
: Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the update, as they will interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.
Do not cancel the operation once it has been started or the drive will become permanently damaged, as a result.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months