This firmware update was created to fix these known problems with the HLDS (Hitachi-LG Data Storage Inc.) GCC-4482B CD-RW/DVD combo drive:
- Audio CD-RW format fails under Windows Vista
- After formatting a CD-R with the UDF file system, the media is recognized as an audio disc
- After formatting a CD-R, ejecting it, and re-inserting it, the disc is not recognized
- Difficulty playing or reading audio CDs
- Drive hangs if the eject button is pressed within a few seconds of completing an Easy Write format
- A slave device is not detected when the the GCC-4482B is configured as master
- No support for SET CD SPEED command
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.