This download contains an improved version of the firmware found on your Creative ZEN player. It improves your player's playback performance. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Added Features or Enhancements:
* Improves your player's playback time for AAC (.m4a) and WMA (.wma) files.
* Improves player stability for continuous playback over a long period of time.
* Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
* Windows Media Player 10 or later
* USB port
* Creative ZEN player
* To install this firmware
1. Download the ZEN_PCFW_L22_1_13_01e.exe file into your local hard disk.
2. Close all application windows that are currently running on your computer.
3. Connect your player to your computer.
4. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
* If your player fails to restart after the firmware upgrade:
1. Turn off your player.
2. Disconnect your player from your computer.
3. Press and hold the Play/Pause button. Continue to hold the button while you perform steps 4 and 5. If you accidentally release the button, start the procedure again.
4. Gently push a straightened paper clip into the Reset hole.
5. Slide the On/Off switch towards the USB port and hold until the display lights up. The Recovery Mode screen appears with four options: Clean Up, Format All, Reload Firmware, and Reboot.
6. Select Reload Firmware, followed by Yes.
7. Connect your player to your computer.
8. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
A huge array of features packaged in one tiny design.
This is the new Creative ZEN at a glance. Decked out in an all-black suit, the Creative ZEN is smaller than your average credit card and sits snugly right in your palm. With an attractive 11.3mm thickness, this sleek player weighs a mere 65g, allowing you to carry it around easily.
It is also one of the lightest players around that is able to boast a capacity of up to 16GB while supporting different popular media formats. What's more, you can add as much capacity as you want with its SD memory expansion slot. With its patented ZEN user interface which offers more information to be viewed on the screen, navigating through mass content is simply a breeze. You can even accessorize this pint-sized dynamo with optional accessories such as the ZEN Leather Case or the ZEN Skin Pack.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.