There is a risk of damage to the DVD Player if you do not follow exactly the instructions provided, in which case you would need to contact your local Sony Service Centre. To avoid such complications please carefully follow the steps outlined below:
- Download the upgrade software file to your PC.
- Burn the file onto an unused CD-R.
Place the software upgrade file directly in the ROOT directory.
Don't place it in another folder.
Do not burn any file other than this one onto the same disc.
Do not change the file name.
Use the file system ISO 9660 Level 1/2 or its extended format, Joliet.
Write speed slow (e.g. 2x, 4x)
Finalize the CD-R.
- Open the Tray, and insert the disc into the player and start playing.
- Please wait until message "UPGRADE FILE DETECTED" appears on the screen.Then "PRESS PLAY TO START" will appear on the screen. Press the PLAY button.
- "COPYING FILE". appears on the screen. Wait briefly until the disc tray automatically opens, and remove the disc.
- Shortly the message "UPGRADING" will appear on the screen and the front panel display. Please wait for three or four minutes and don't interrupt the Upgrading process. It is important that you:
Do not turn off the player.
Do not operate the player or press any button on the player.
Do not close the disc tray (manually or by pushing open/close button).
- The disc tray will close and the normal display will re-appear. Now it is safe to operate the DVD Player. So when the QuickSetup option is displayed please select it, to set.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.