HP xw8600 Workstation System BIOS 01.35 Rev.A
: To determine the BIOS family and BIOS date, press F10 on the target workstation during Power On to run the Computer Setup Utility, and then select File/System Information. This information can be saved into a text file on a diskette or on a USB flash media device by selecting File/Save to Diskette. In order for a USB flash media device to be recognized by the workstation, the device must be attached before the workstation is Powered On.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 1.35 since version 01.32 (SP41623) was released:
- Improves the way certain hardware status information is handled and reported. Specifically, errors that are automatically retried by the hardware are no longer treated as fatal.
- Streamlines and improves the way PCI Express 1.x devices are trained in PCI Express 2.x slots.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 01.32 since version 01.24 (SP39629) was released:
- Displays a unique error message when a mismatch between memory DIMM frequency and front-side bus frequency is detected.
- Improves BIOS support for Hynix memory DIMMs.
- Adds fan control adjustments for NVIDIA FX 5800 Graphics Cards.
- Enables double memory refresh rate.
- Delimits Microsoft Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) values with commas, as assumed by some software.
The following enhancement has been added in BIOS version 01.24 since version 01.18 (SP39291) was released:
- Adds microcode and BIOS support for future processor steppings.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 1.35 since version 01.32 (SP41623) was released:
- Corrects an issue that could cause the workstation to become unresponsive (hang) when: (1) Runtime power management is disabled in the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility, and (2) the Power Saver power plan is selected from Control Panel --> Power Options in Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Corrects an issue that prevents a Linux kernel dump utility from working properly.
- Prevents a situation where more than one graphics adapter can be reported as the Primary Video Card in the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility.
- Fixes an issue where interrupts from devices behind PCI bridges could be incorrectly swizzled. Interrupt swizzling rebalances and distributes the PCI Express legacy interrupts for performance and load balancing.
- Corrects an issue that could result in a blank screen being seen on a display device that is connected through a DisplayPort interface if the display is turned off, and then turned back on again while the workstation is booting.
- Ensures that workstation configuration information saved to diskette from the Hewlett-Packard Setup Utility does not contain entries for devices that have been disabled in the boot order.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 01.32 since version 01.27 (SP40676) was released:
- Fixes incorrect references to PCI slot numbers in non-English languages.
- Resolves a performance issue that occurs when Runtime Power Management is disabled in the Computer Configuration Utility (F10 Setup).
The following fix has been made in BIOS version 01.27 since version 01.24 (SP39629) was released:
- Corrects an issue with pre-boot authentication password security.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 01.24 since version 01.18 (SP39292) was released:
- Corrects a performance issue with PCI-X cards that occurs following a resume from Standby (S3) mode.
- Corrects a potential performance issue that was inadvertently introduced in BIOS v01.18. This issue may have resulted in sub-optimal performance with intensive workloads that execute on multiple cores.
This SoftPaq includes the following methods for changing the BIOS version:
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Vista environment.
- Use the utilities in this package to flash the BIOS in a DOS environment from bootable media.
- Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive, diskette, or CD-ROM drive.
This package can be used with System Software Manager (SSM), HP Client Management Solution (HPCMS), or preboot execution environment (PXE) management software for remote updating of the BIOS.
WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR ATTEMPT TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS!
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the System BIOS.
: If remote flashing is required, see the remote utility documentation for instructions about creating a Remote ROM Flash job to flash the System ROM on target workstations on the network.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months