HP xw4600 Workstation System BIOS 01.17 Rev.a
: To determine the BIOS family and BIOS date, press F10 on the target workstation during Power On to run the Computer Setup Utility, and then select File/System Information. This information can be saved into a text file on a diskette or on a USB flash media device by selecting File/Save to Diskette. In order for a USB flash media device to be recognized by the workstation, the device must be attached before the workstation is Powered On.
The following enhancements have been added to BIOS version 01.17 since version 01.16 (SP42895) was released:
- Ensures that all write-once registers are locked.
- Adds an option called "EUP Compliance" to the Computer Setup Utility (F10). When enabled, this option minimizes power consumption while the workstation is powered off. It does this by disabling the integrated network controller and internal speaker as the workstation is shutting down. They are automatically re-enabled when the workstation is powered on again. When "EUP Compliance" is enabled, the workstation is not able to emit a beep code to indicate a failed or missing CPU, also, Wake-on-LAN is not available.
The following fixes have been made in BIOS version 01.17 since version 01.16 (SP42895) was released:
- Corrects an issue that occurs when attempting to restore the Selectable Security Level from the Replicated Setup menu in the Computer Setup Utility (F10).
This SoftPaq includes the following methods for changing the BIOS version:
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Windows Vista environment.
- Use the utilities in this package to flash the BIOS in a DOS environment from bootable media.
- Use the ROM images in this package with the Computer Setup Utility (F10) to flash the BIOS from a USB flash drive, diskette, or CD-ROM drive.
This package can be used with System Software Manager (SSM), HP Client Management Solution (HPCMS), or preboot execution environment (PXE) management software for remote updating of the BIOS.
WARNING: DO NOT TURN OFF POWER OR ATTEMPT TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER DURING THE UPGRADE PROCESS!
1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the System BIOS.
: If remote flashing is required, see the remote utility documentation for instructions about creating a Remote ROM Flash job to flash the System ROM on target workstations on the network.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games. Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.
- Graphics Board
- Other Drivers & Tools
- Digital Camera / Webcam / Camcorder
- Sound Card
- Printer / Scanner
- Network Card
- Keyboard & Mouse
- Joystick, Gamepad & Wheels
- TV Tuner / Capture Card
- Mobile Phones
- Card Readers
- HDD / SSD / NAS / USB Flash
- TV / HDTV / Projectors
- DVD / Blu-Ray / Media Players
- Router / Switch / AP
- Doesn't matter
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
- 24 months